- a form of psychological torture inflicted by depriving the victim of all sensory input
How To Use sensory deprivation In A Sentence
- My head will keep on racing throughout this, I have no doubt," declares the speaker at the beginning of "Saturday Teatime" as she embarks on her first experience in the device known as a flotation tank, sensory deprivation tank, or isolation tank. Review of What Becomes by A.L. Kennedy
- The sensory deprivation provided by the loss of any visual data can be unnerving.
- For the first time in 40 years Horizon re - creates a controversial sensory deprivation experiment.
- Prisoners can also be kept in conditions of physical discomfort and subjected to sensory deprivation. Times, Sunday Times
- It was like a sensory deprivation chamber. Times, Sunday Times
- There's been long term sensory deprivation, so it's not surprising.
- He claimed the sensory deprivation focused all his attention and he sailed through with the highest first in our year. Times, Sunday Times
- The security services used harsh methods of sensory deprivation against prisoners. Times, Sunday Times
- An old-fashioned paper book for Ben - one he had specifically asked for - on sensory deprivation.
- In complete silence, I meditated and fought off the frightening hallucinations which often happen in the face of sensory deprivation.