grow old or older
She aged gracefully
we age every day--what a depressing thought!
Young men senesce
How To Use senesce In A Sentence
- Scientists exposed genetically engineered mice to a drug that activates a molecule called caspase 8 that kills senescent cells. The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com
- Second, the tissues that have been through programmed senescence and death, instead of disappearing through post-mortem decay, persist as mummified corpses - namely as wood.
- Ceramide is a lipid molecule naturally present in the cell's plasma membrane and controls cell functions, including cell aging, or senescence.
- These findings represent one of the first studies to identify a protein that plays a role in mediating both a postmating, prezygotic isolation pathway and reproductive senescence. ScienceBlogs Channel : Physical Science
- Results: The obvious amitotic phases and cellular senescent characteristics were observed in adult goat ventricular muscle cells including working and conducting cardiac muscle cells.
- It is possible that at the approach of senescence he may recant, forgive his enemies, make his peace with the world and become a benevolent father to his nation.
- Fourth, after some 30 passages, cells cultured at 33°C stopped proliferating, suggesting a senescent state.
- Therefore, sufficient nitrogenous fertilizer is an essential way to prevent early senescence period of wheat growth.
- After tertiary capitula ripened, cauline leaves senesced and remained marcescent on the stems.
- Cytokinins may reduce the effect of sugars on acclimation processes in leaves, as elevated cytokinins enhance greening and leaf protein levels, and antagonize senescence responses.