The spy sent the classified information off to Russia
- send away towards a designated goal
throw, send, or cast forward
project a missile
How To Use send off In A Sentence
- Did you send off for details of the competition?
- The two coronary arteries of the heart arise from the systemic aorta immediately outside the semilunar valves, situated in the root of this vessel, and in passing right and left along the auriculo-ventricular furrows, they send off some branches for the supply of the organ itself, and others by which both vessels anastomose freely around its base and apex. Surgical Anatomy
- Atkinson's failure to send off Chelsea's David Luiz for a glaring second bookable offence and the dismissal of Arsenal's Robin van Persie for going through with a shot after the whistle had blown for offside were too grievous to dismiss with platitudes. Hardline defence of referees is a symptom of failure | Paul Hayward
- I always keep a copy of any official or important letters that I send off.
- Back the bid - fill in and send off the petition form on the left. The Sun
- The Tribe has the depth in outfielders and DHs to send off Berroa without missing a beat. Facilities major factor in Indians upswing
- The misconceived refusal to give Charlie Adam a penalty and send off Philippe Senderos on the hour, a spoilsport decision to disallow a goal for Luis Suárez midway through the second half and a red card for the young midfielder Jay Spearing a few minutes later prefaced a crescendo of Fulham attacking which ended with a dreadful Pepe Reina error and a decisive tap-in for Clint Dempsey. Andy Carroll's ineffectiveness adds to Liverpool frustration at Fulham | Richard Williams
- Must dash, I've got to send off for my I-Spy membership pack.
- Three hundred Sikh cavaliers in battle array accompanied Banda to a distance of eight kilometers to give him final send off.
- We send officers abroad to gain experience and pass that knowledge to the other members.