[ UK /sˈɛnd/ ]
[ US /ˈsɛnd/ ]
[ US /ˈsɛnd/ ]
The spy sent the classified information off to Russia
to cause or order to be taken, directed, or transmitted to another place
He had sent the dispatches downtown to the proper people and had slept
- assign to a station
cause to go somewhere
He directed all his energies into his dissertation
She sent her children to camp
The explosion sent the car flying in the air
cause to be admitted; of persons to an institution
After the second episode, she had to be committed
he was committed to prison
cause to be directed or transmitted to another place
I'll mail you the paper when it's written
send me your latest results
broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television
We cannot air this X-rated song
- transport commercially
How To Use send In A Sentence
- So the publisher/distributor is sending the rest of the order while the first half is being RETURNED FOR CREDIT, and Borders can then use that credit to get books through Ingrams, who carries a helluva lot more than just that one small press. January 11th, 2009
- For high-definition video, the umi needs an Internet connection that can send, or upload, data at 1.5 megabits per second, higher than that of typical DSL or cable services. Cisco Launches 'Umi' Telepresence Box To Turn TVs Into Videophones
- Most email tools scan the header of an email to see if the sender is spoofing.
- At around 11 am that day a pensioner foiled another attempted scam by a man and woman in Central Avenue, Gravesend.
- Do you think Hillary wants to sit by and watch McCain appoint Supreme Court Justices, block universal health care, send more money to Iraq in exchange for body bags? McCain raises $21.5 million in May
- At first I was minded to send a boat after them, but by this time the rafts were a good two miles beyond the harbour, and Mrs. Purchase said, 'No, they can do no good, poor dears; let them have their few hours' pleasure. ' Shining Ferry
- Insist that they send you a comprehensive list of all your direct debits and standing orders as soon as possible.
- It is the wrong message to send to lone parents. Times, Sunday Times
- Can you imagine any other airline sending a birthday card to a customer?
- ‘If we fail, send reinforcements…’ Her voice trailed away again, and they saw her shudder.