[ US /səˈmɪtɪk/ ]
- a major branch of the Afro-Asiatic language family
of or relating to or characteristic of Semites
of or relating to the group of Semitic languages
Semitic tongues have a complicated morphology
How To Use Semitic In A Sentence
- She incited racial hatred by distributing anti-Semitic leaflets.
- The book's title alludes to an anti-Semitic law legislated by Frederick II of Prussia that every Jew at marriage had to purchase a surplus of goods from the royal china factory.
- Her family, who made a nice living running a business, feared anti-Semitic backlash.
- ‘I'm not anti-Semitic,’ Ken tells his ex-wife during a drunken barney at a New Year party.
- The notion that the 2005 riots were primarily or even tri - or quad-marily anti-Semitic is purely invented. Matthew Yglesias » France Hearts Jews
- Caledon town councillor Gord McClure is under fire for using a term deemed to be an anti-Semitic. Thestar.com - Home Page
- Founded in 1915 in Georgia, the "modern" Ku Klux Klan, an anti-Negro, anti-Catholic, anti-Semitic organization, reached its peak of power in the U.S. in the mid-twenties; is now moribund. Albert Lutuli - Nobel Lecture
- Believing them to be both anti-Semitic and antisocialist, Schneiderman resigned in 1914. Rose Schneiderman.
- I predict that with hindsight we will discover that over the longue duree the level of antisemitic incidents will rise and fall in close correlation with the number of Muslim males aged 16-30 in the UK population. On Thursday, the Legg report will be published along with...
- Now if you wish to annex, and make the Palestinians citizens, this would cease to be a Jewish nation-state and you’d be offering Israel’s enemies the hallowed “one-state-of-Palestine-secular-and-democratic” that is: another Arab state like many others; if you wish to annex but to withhold citizenship from the Palestinians, you’d be making true the antisemitic lie of “zionist apartheid”; either way annexion is *not-gonna-happen*. Jewish Voice for Peace calls on Michael Moore to make his next film about US/Israel relationship | Jewschool