- either of a pair of glands located on either side of the male urinary bladder that open into the vas deferens and that secrete many components of semen during ejaculation
How To Use seminal vesicle In A Sentence
- The points to be gained are, to reduce the action of the amatorial organs of the brain and the secretion of the _testes_, and to contract and strengthen the tissue of the seminal vesicles and the prostrate gland. A Newly Discovered System of Electrical Medication
- The accessory glands, including the seminal vesicles and the prostate gland, provide fluids that lubricate the duct system and nourish the sperm.
- Finally, certain internal physiological processes may be the starting-point of the afferent physical stimuli leading to erection; for example, distension of the bladder, and also of the seminal vesicles, and of the seminiferous tubules of the testicle. The Sexual Life of the Child
- In the operating room scurry the seminal vesicles which transport seminal fluid may have been cut, or he suffered secondary infection, leaving him sterile, though certainly not impotent.
- The duct of the seminal vesicle joins the _vas deferens_ of the same side (both functionally and embryologically the seminal vesicle is no more than a diverticulum of the vas deferens); passing on under the name of the _common seminal_ or _ejaculatory duct_, the canal opens into the prostatic portion of the urethra (the orifices of the two common seminal ducts are in the folds of mucous membrane forming the right and left lateral margins of the _prostatic utricle_ or _uterus masculinus_). The Sexual Life of the Child
- Digital rectal examination is performed to examine the prostate gland, seminal vesicles, and possible cysts that can cause ejaculatory duct obstruction.
- The contrasting features between intraluminal seminal vesicle and prostatic crystalloids are summarized in Table 4.
- Conclusion Measurement of ADCs may be used to characterize seminal vesicle lesions.
- At the same time the seminal vesicles and prostate gland contract and release seminal fluid into the urethra.
- I warmed to the discussion, eager to share my knowledge of meiosis and mitosis, spermatogenesis and seminal vesicles, ovulation and the menstrual cycle. Archive 2006-01-01