[ US /ˌsɛmiˈɡɫɑs, ˌsɛmɪˈɡɫɑs/ ]
- a paint that dries with a finish between glossy and flat
How To Use semigloss In A Sentence
- Then I install the exhaust fan in its hole, switch it on, and apply the top coat of semigloss to the walls (dove) and ceiling (eggshell). TROPIC OF NIGHT
- Painted walls near the work center should be covered with semigloss paint so they can be wiped clean.
- Sand, prime, and paint the chair using two or more coats of semigloss latex enamel paint.
- He's thinking about using a semigloss ivory for the living room.
- The bunnies are hopping from the woodlot looking for fresh little clovers and chance sexual encounters and Mrs. Farmer Bob is thinking of repainting the breakfast nook a cheerful semigloss sunbeam yellow.
- The longest dry time will be with a semigloss or gloss latex; allow about 24 hours for these to dry.
- In older houses, stick with flat paint - rather than glossy or even semigloss - as much as possible (both inside and outside) because it helps disguise the nicks and unevenness that come with age.