moderately formal; requiring a dinner jacket
he wore semiformal attire
a black-tie dinner
How To Use semiformal In A Sentence
- From TJ! with his own street cart!) to cook and serve authentic street tacos for a hundred-odd adults in semiformal wear. Forbes? YOU SUCK. « Love | Peace | Ohana
- Patients prefer doctors to dress in a semiformal style, but when accompanied by a smiling face it is even better, suggesting a friendly manner may be more important than sartorial style.
- he wore semiformal attire
- Today, it's another iteration of ‘How to dress yourself,’ this time for semiformal events such as… well, this work function, or a nice party.
- The social calendar of Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority members at the University of Georgia holds about 10 formal or semiformal events per semester. Fashion 101: Rent The Runway Targets Students
- Except at the very end of C&A, when a cleaned-up Ford, in semiformal cowboy wear a shout out to my friend Roger Ebert complete with oddly banded cowboy hat, positively beams as he tries to take Daniel Craig's hat off to uncover his rumored forehead and eyebrows and is shot dead by Deadly Dan for his temerity. Michael Jones: Cowboys and Aliens
- Most dress or semiformal trousers should have a slight to medium break when the bottom meets the shoe, no more than one inch.
- As I mentioned, I invited him to be my date for the semiformal of my junior year.
- I met him at the semiformal that Scott was supposed to attend with me.
- Patients prefer doctors to wear semiformal dress and are most comfortable with conservative items.