- the edge of a fabric that is woven so that it will not ravel or fray
- border consisting of an ornamental fringe at either end of an oriental carpet
How To Use selvedge In A Sentence
- Tom Ford has introduced a $990 jean made from Japanese selvedge denim, silk-lined pockets and a front button plated with 18-karat gold. Fashion Roundup: Mad Men Designer Working on Collection; Tom Ford's $990 Jeans; More on Michelle Obama's Fashion Choices
- And then I got almost to the end of the block and realised I had cut a large, central piece from within the bloody selvedge and will need to unpick the whole thing and start over. Olympics
- Nevertheless, I find myself at this weird juncture, a cultural snag wrapped in a conundrum shaped like a question mark dressed in scratchy raw Japanese selvedge and smoking American Spirits, glumly, in a grungy hoody, outside the bike shop, twitching just a little. Mark Morford: Forgive Me, I Do Not Like The Arcade Fire
- Selvedge is the extra blank paper that surrounds a pane of stamps and is considered an art form by philatelists.
- Selvedges are more or less the same on all items, but the fringes are secured in a number of distinctive ways.
- It analyses some device reason of rough selvedge on shuttle loom. It points out how to solve such defects and technical measures and work methods.
- There are 16 different designs in the collection, and many of the pillows have singular touches like deconstructed and then reconstructed faces as well as selvedge edges. A Night of Pillow Talk
- These medium weight, raw denim with white selvedge look and feel just like those designer jeans that cost well over $150, but come with the 2009-friendly price of just Gayired.com - Gay OnLine Community for Entertainment and Daily News
- The adoption of the selvedge was another improvement and until it was introduced the weft would no doubt have been put through with the fingers, later on a spool being used. Ancient Egyptian and Greek Looms
- Also see: Gap ' s gray flannel pjs, £ 22.50 7. Jeans: I ' ve already written about Gap being the best place to buy your jeans, from £ 39.50, but if you want designer, then try DSquared ' s distressed jeans in their classic shape, £ 220, or Dunhill ' s selvedge seam raw finish denim, £ 125. What Should He Be Wearing?