[ UK /sˈɛlfseɪm/ ]
being the exact same one; not any other:
saw the selfsame quotation in two newspapers
the very thing he said yesterday
the themes of his stories are one and the same
this is the identical room we stayed in before
the very man I want to see
on this very spot
How To Use selfsame In A Sentence
- These selfsame strategies are used by the bacteria in their struggle to defeat our best antibiotics. Boing Boing
- These holders have no idea whether home equity borrowers use proceeds not only to consolidate debt but as a re-entry vehicle into the selfsame debt.
- `The selfsame ," I answered with a slight bow and an earnest smile. MURDER IN E MINOR
- The selfsame people who sometimes drive you nuts can also be the main ones who can help you live a longer, healthier life and probably help you manage stress better, according to the Alliance for Aging Research.
- Page 109: The term selfsame occurs only once without a hyphen. The Heroic Enthusiasts (Gli Eroici Furori) Part the Second An Ethical Poem
- Then one day towards the completion of the project, he walked upstairs and caught the selfsame builder in the act of explaining to a visitor why ‘we’ had decided to go open plan.
- When the selfsame people asked me in the evenings if I was going home, I had no reply for them: it took me years to reconcile myself to the idea of calling the attic I was living in a home.
- Will doubling aid and channelling it through those selfsame governments change anything?
- saw the selfsame quotation in two newspapers
- She said the selfsame thing to me.