- a genre of art and outdoor constructions made by untrained artists who do not recognize themselves as artists
How To Use self-taught art In A Sentence
- Because he was always painting at the outer limits of his ability, as self-taught artists must do, he never progressed in the traditional way.
- After spending 10 years dreaming of staging a one-man exhibition in London, self-taught artist Michael Forbes could hardly have imagined how his dearest wish would come true.
- A self-taught artist, Paul is introducing more abstract landscapes into this exhibition.
- Their predecessors were also inspired by the work of self-taught artists but did not often acknowledge their influence.
- Inside the museum, exhibits range from objects drawn from the traditional folk art - paintings, sculptures, weathervanes, flags, quilts - of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, to the works of contemporary self-taught artists.
- It was years before the self-taught artist found his own style - and recognition.
- A waiter by trade, a self-taught art historian and traveler, Breitwieser stole 239 works of art from 1995 to 2001 worth an estimated $1.4 billion in total.
- He was one of the greatest self-taught artists Trinidad has produced.
- Gary Engle, a self-taught artist, explains that the heart of his portfolio consists of images of nature that lean toward abstract expressionism.
- He is a self-taught artist who began to develop his artistic skills at a very early age.