as claimed by and for yourself often without justification
the self-styled `doctor' has no degree of any kind
How To Use self-styled In A Sentence
- The self-styled "February 20 movement" — apparently not for any particular historic reason — was largely summoned through social media like Facebook. Thousands march in Morocco to demand changes
- The only problem was that this heavy drinking, chain smoking, self-styled rock 'n' roll comedy outlaw had already made other plans.
- Geely's chairman and founder, Li Shufu, the self-styled Henry Ford of China, has frequently boasted that his firm would quickly become an export champion, selling 1.3m cars abroad by 2015.
- One of the meeting's attractions to its participants has been imbuing the self-styled "global elite" with the sense that they were helping to tackle the globe's problems. This Year, Davos Doesn't Deliver
- This has included horrible abuse from self-styled white supremacists.
- Some of my gang got up to £120 a day,’ explains the fast-talking, self-styled dynamo.
- The self-styled neoconservatives, for example, are the antithesis of conservatism.
- By placing such a tasteless photo alongside an oversimplified argument that failed to address the deeper issues of race in sports, the self-styled "Worldwide Leader In Sports" prioritized getting page views over serving its readership and failed miserably to lead the discussion. Hank Koebler: ESPN's "Whiteface" Vick Is Distastefully Bad Journalism
- The chairman and founder of China's biggest privately owned car firm is the self-styled Henry Ford of China.
- The self-styled revolutionary said that the 20-minute chat was his idea. The Sun