- of or denoting an establishment (a restaurant or shop etc.) where customers serve themselves
- the practice of serving yourself (as in a grocery or cafeteria)
How To Use self-service In A Sentence
- If organizations are to control spiralling security management costs and minimize user downtime they need to introduce a significant degree of automation and self-service, while meeting compliance objectives.
- The bright green and purple self-service coin-counting machines are in more than 7,500 groceries nationwide, including Albertson's, Food Emporium, Kroger and Safeway.
- Savings multiply as you realise how many routine business processes can be moved out of the enterprise onto the end user through self-service functions.
- The following morning, after stoking up well for the day with a self-service full English breakfast, we headed for Our Dynamic Earth, a £34 million project built on three levels.
- It offers customer self-service and the ability to record, monitor and report on all the integrations.
- It also provides an interactive workspace, within which collaboration, workflow and self-service can occur.
- There is an app for mobile phones and the stores have become more high-tech with self-service checkouts. Times, Sunday Times
- Buying tickets is easier too, thanks to a new advanced booking line and a new entrance gallery with state-of-the-art computerised ticket vending and a self-service credit card point.
- The very idea of a self-service grocery checkout is strange and wonderful.
- If self-service tills do become mainstream in the high street they are likely to come at the cost of jobs. Times, Sunday Times