containing within itself the means of propulsion or movement
a self-propelled vehicle
moved forward by its own force or momentum
the arms program is now self-propelled
a self-propelled egotist
How To Use self-propelled In A Sentence
- Don's eyes widened when he saw that it was a Martian's "pram" - the self-propelled personal environment without which a Martian cannot live either on Earth or Venus. Between Planets
- The new trains, which will consist of six to eight diesel railcars, each of which is self-propelled, will be replacing the present locomotives and carriages.
- The author explains in good detail the selection and operation of engines, power trains and their applications in agricultural tractors and other self-propelled machines.
- Included in the tank groups of close infantry support were regiments of self-propelled artillery that were to follow the attacking tanks and support them with the fire from their cannons.
- Tactical flexibility was also enhanced by mechanization and the self-propelled gun.
- Strand jacks or self-propelled modular trailers do the lifting and moving.
- Tank destroyer weapons could be either towed or self-propelled.
- NLOS-C was canceled in 2009, but the Army continues to spend on the Paladin Integrated Management program, its current self-propelled howitzer modernization. Pentagon Loses War to Zap Airborne Laser From Budget
- While the term torpedo was used for mines before the 20th century, the more modern usage of "torpedo" is as a self-propelled weapon used in active combat. Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium - Recent changes [en]
- The purposeful motion of the cars and trucks and self-propelled hedge cutters suddenly slowed, grew more tentative. T2®: THE FUTURE WAR