in full control of your faculties
more self-contained and more dependable than many of the early frontiersmen
the witness remained collected throughout the cross-examination
strong and self-possessed in the face of trouble
perfectly poised and sure of himself
How To Use self-possessed In A Sentence
- She was very self-possessed and very confident.
- She received the ovation self-possessedly enough, but without that hauteur affected by belles of balls -- in books. With Edged Tools
- Bureaucrats sufficiently self-possessed to speak in that kind of unequivocal language are few and far between.
- The kind of self-possessed girls we've met through doing this come in and think nothing of modelling some Clinique foundation.
- He felt genuine awe at this superhuman man, at once so puissant, so self-possessed, so monomaniac in his demeanour.
- So what on earth was such a woman, a masterful, strident, self-possessed and sharp-edged woman, doing to herself with a man who repeatedly betrayed and humiliated her? And Again, Love « Tales from the Reading Room
- The children, in contrast, are curiously poised and self-possessed (or perhaps possessed, period).
- His hair is carefully styled and he dresses with a self-possessed style, but there is something eternally boyish to him.
- Moira looked utterly self-possessed; John, increasingly baffled. AN OLDER WOMAN
- She is maturing into a self-possessed and articulate young woman.