- fertilization by transfer of pollen from the anthers to the stigma of the same flower
How To Use self-pollination In A Sentence
- As for calculation of the selfing rate, self-pollination was with pollen from other flowers of the same plant.
- Pollination can be cross-pollination with a pollinator and an external pollenizer, self-pollenization with a pollinator, or self-pollination without any pollinator: Pollination
- Emasculated plants produced 1.3 times the number of seeds produced by plants experiencing natural self-pollination.
- There seems to be no mechanism to limit self-pollination, and cleistogamous flowers have been reported in cultivated specimens of coralberry.
- Self-pollination in these strains was found to be controlled by duplicate, recessive genes.
- Perfect flowers are protandrous, hence the stigmas open after anthesis, which reduces the probability of autogamous self-pollination.
- This result is contrary to our hypothesis that the pollination-dependent detrimental fitness effects of clipping were caused by increased self-pollination in damaged plants.
- This is sometimes referred to as self-pollination, but this is not synonymous with autogamy. Pollination
- Unless pollen is transported to another plant, geitonogamous self-pollinations therefore become more likely when plants are visited.
- Despite being a self-compatible species, self-pollination is rare.