having achieved success or recognition by your own efforts
a self-made millionaire
How To Use self-made In A Sentence
- She is also a very good self-made telepath, and the only self-made per-ceiver I ever heard of. Masters Of The Vortex
- What does the self-made man love? Christianity Today
- One was an aristocrat educated at Harrow and Cambridge, the other a self-made man from small-town South India.
- a self-made millionaire
- All three are self-made millionaires with humble beginnings. Times, Sunday Times
- In contrast to the Gracchus brothers, Marius was a self-made man with no aristocratic background.
- He had enacted the adventure of vanishing into thin air and being reborn, phoenixlike, as someone else - literally, a self-made man. Recortes
- He was proud of the fact that he was a self-made man .
- Sporting pursuits are still slotted into the busy lives of proudly self-made people. Times, Sunday Times
- I think that self-made is the new old money. Times, Sunday Times