indulgent of your own appetites and desires
a self-indulgent...way of looking at life
How To Use self-indulgent In A Sentence
- This norm encourages people to add a lot of extraneous self-indulgent stuff because they see the guests as a captive audience.
- Possibly, this sympathy could appear somewhat self-indulgent, or over-dramatic, if not actually absurdly histrionic.
- Well, the often interesting BSS bunch pandered to the crowd and although they did do some self-indulgent jams, it was all by the book.
- Unfortunately it's weighted down with accretion upon accretion of utterly self-indulgent pomposity.
- It was an interesting, if self-indulgent speech.
- The self-indulgent can stay alongside the fairways in villas offering butler service and a golf buggy. Times, Sunday Times
- By night, he toils on his self-indulgent solo art film, obsessively documenting the minutiae of his life while the bigger picture-the growing distance between him and his foxy French lady friend Marlene-eludes him.
- No self-indulgent twaddle, no luvvy duvvy waffle, no tedious explaining what we're looking at, no extraneous family members self-aggrandising and hogging the airtime with totally irrelevant bullshit. Update
- Some people feel it is rather self-indulgent to reward themselves for making such progress. Coping with Angina
- It felt self-indulgent and a bit embarrassing.