[ US /ˈsɛɫfˈhɛɫp/ ]
- the act of helping or improving yourself without relying on anyone else
How To Use self-help In A Sentence
- Warren the Ape is clearly not a Jedi Master, but he might be too adsorbed in self-help therapy to be a successful Sith Lord. The Official Star Wars Blog » Seth Green vs. Warren the Ape with Lightsabers!
- Steve Salerno, author of the book SHAM: How The Self-Help Movement Made America Helpless, wrote in his review of The Secret on Amazon: One seldom encounters a better/worse example of the logical fallacy known as a posteriori reasoning. Boing Boing
- It was "dignifying" for the poor and consonant with national values, like work, self-help and opposition to welfare dependency. Omaha World-Herald > Frontpage
- Organised self-help groups also rely on the beneficial effects of talking and discussion.
- Scores of self-help books have been written from a conservative standpoint on how to have a happy marriage, make more money, or overcome codependency.
- A fourth part of King's self-help message was his stress on the fundamental importance of the traditional family.
- No, it's not the title of a new American self-help manual for shopaholics.
- Aadhar is a city-based self-help that supports HIV positive people. Gaea Times (by Simple Thoughts) Breaking News and incisive views 24/7
- One fact, at least, shows that a change in the law has less solid support than suicide self-help groups might like to think they have.
- It should also be recognized that government participation in self-help housing is not a new phenomenon. Urbanization in Post-Apartheid South Africa