- (of persons) free from external control and constraint in e.g. action and judgment
How To Use self-directed In A Sentence
- She will augment the school's mission to foster the growth of healthy and self-directed children.
- E*Trade credits its success to its focus on what it calls self-directed investors—search-and-browsers. THE NEW MARKET LEADERS
- There is a quality of self-directed ruefulness or self-causation.
- Allow campers to be self-directed in some activities.
- At one end of the continuum were the self-directed people.
- Ordinarily of course, self-directed aggression conflicts with the life instinct, especially it's self-preservative component, the animus.
- Each chapter includes numerous self-directed study activities that reinforce both active and passive learning.
- The benefits of a self-directed team were realized when the initial test efforts identified some hardware flaws.
- In the second case, the changes are intelligible, the result of self-directed activity.
- The survey and free response results, however, clearly indicated that the project and the completed website promoted active, self-directed learning, and positive practices for acquiring knowledge, skills and values.