[ US /ˈsɛɫfdɪˈstɹəkts/ ]
the act of killing yourself
it is a crime to commit suicide
the act of destroying yourself
his insistence was pure self-destruction
How To Use self-destruction In A Sentence
- When does the inertia of self-neglect shade into the dynamic of self-destruction?
- They've been chosen as subjects because they whirl around in a chaos of self-destruction. Times, Sunday Times
- In Schumpeter's scheme therefore the self-destruction of capitalism as a system is inherent in its success.
- Humankind is already on a pathway of self-destruction, an achievement that will not need the aid of an aberrant asteroid.
- In 1935, the name "Thanatos" made a comeback in English, ushered in with psychoanalytic theory and describing an unconscious tendency toward self-destruction. Black Market Kidneys » In Which I Learn That Nas Mislead Me*
- Kerry Fox and Mark Rylance star as a couple whose wordless, adulterous affair descends into paranoia and self-destruction.
- The Romantics turned self-destruction into a literary convention, further weakening the stigma attached to the act.
- He wanted Jill to give up her life of alcohol and self-destruction.
- Are we in what Marx described as the self-destruction of finance-dominated advanced Capitalism? The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com
- She is eager to please her lost father, to the point of self-destruction.