[ US /ˌsɛɫfˈkɑnfədənt/ ]
showing poise and confidence in your own worth
hardly more than a boy but firm-knit and self-confident
How To Use self-confident In A Sentence
- Do you think it's true that teenage girls are less self-confident than their male peers?
- Writers of this era [...] described the native as a robust youth with "gentile" characteristics, a kind of Jewish muzhik, or Russian peasant -- strapping, self-confident, and strong-spirited, as opposed to the stereotypical Diaspora Jew, who was pale, servile, and cowardly. David Shasha: What Israel Means to Me
- In a town where "" face time '' is everything, Rubin, a quietly self-confident investment banker, does the unthinkable: he routinely gives back his al-lotted 15 minutes a day with the president if he has nothing to say. 'This Thing Is A Turkey'
- Underpinning the drive to self-government was a self-confident, broad-minded, radical and internationalist perspective best embodied for many by Hamish Henderson.
- My point is that they are self-confident, and not worried about drawing attention to themselves as they used to be. Shirley Williams: chair of the judges
- “Afghanistan and other troubled lands today cry out for the sort of enlightened foreign administration once provided by self-confident Englishmen in jodhpurs and pith helmets.” Matthew Yglesias » Boot v. Peres on Arab Peace Initiative
- Stylish, well proportioned and self-confident, she still cuts a fine figure.
- He has to compete in a fierce job market, but he can't act too bossy or self-confident. Where Have The Good Men Gone?
- Even now I find their silence a little surprising, since most of them were sophisticated and self-confident, not likely to be intimidated by the “stigma” attached to anything to do with madness. Henry’s Demons
- Only those the splendidly self-confident British upper classes would deign to deliberately and with self-ease not italicise a French loanword; in doing so, I was in fact expressing my position as not being of such social elevation. Matthew Yglesias » Rich Bankers: We Want Trillions of Dollars