[ UK /sɪlˈɛktɪd/ ]
[ US /səˈɫɛktɪd/ ]
[ US /səˈɫɛktɪd/ ]
- chosen in preference to another
How To Use selected In A Sentence
- As I did at FIAC, I selected 18 galleries and asked their most anglophonic expert to pick an image and talk about it for under two minutes. Michael Kurcfeld: Doing Shots: The Old and the New at Paris Photo 2011 (VIDEO)
- Mr. Sorapong, 35 years old, selected industrial estate developers Hemaraj Land & Development PCL and Amata Corporation PCL among his top picks, with Hemaraj returning 147% over the course of 2010 and Amata providing a 99% return on investment. Real Estate
- We welcome submissions through e-mail because that saves us the bother of retyping the selected manuscripts.
- The Centenier finished his coffee, while Holmes selected and filled his briar pipe.
- But in accordance with the idea that malaria is a product of paludal decomposition, the trees selected have almost always been the _eucalyptus_. Scientific American Supplement, No. 458, October 11, 1884
- The pre-selected wagers will go into straight and exacta pools only.
- The software is also a great customization solution for those who would like to alter the look and feel of the Finder, Dock and login window, making it easy to prebind and re-prebind their entire system or selected folders, run cron scripts, change startup mode and language, force empty trash, update "whatis," locate databases, and so on. Softpedia News - Global
- Selected items are being sold at half price to woo customers into the store.
- Settlers brought with them the idea of land as a partible, bounded commodity, owned by an individual (or self-selected partnership), transferable, and exclusive in perpetuity. Belongings: Property, Family, and Identity in Colonial South Africa
- I will not accept if nominated, and will serve if selected.