[ UK /sɪlˈɛkt/ ]
[ US /səˈɫɛkt/ ]
[ US /səˈɫɛkt/ ]
pick out, select, or choose from a number of alternatives
She selected a pair of shoes from among the dozen the salesgirl had shown her
Take any one of these cards
Choose a good husband for your daughter
of superior grade
selected or chosen for special qualifications
the blue-ribbon event of the season
How To Use select In A Sentence
- Several selections contain strings of double notes, primarily thirds and sixths.
- As I did at FIAC, I selected 18 galleries and asked their most anglophonic expert to pick an image and talk about it for under two minutes. Michael Kurcfeld: Doing Shots: The Old and the New at Paris Photo 2011 (VIDEO)
- Press Y to select evenly spaced columns.
- Mr. Sorapong, 35 years old, selected industrial estate developers Hemaraj Land & Development PCL and Amata Corporation PCL among his top picks, with Hemaraj returning 147% over the course of 2010 and Amata providing a 99% return on investment. Real Estate
- We welcome submissions through e-mail because that saves us the bother of retyping the selected manuscripts.
- I was talking to a mom today whose daughter's elementary teacher said she was afraid that her daughter had "selective mutism. canard - French Word-A-Day
- It has a great selection of frocks and summer party wear. Times, Sunday Times
- It also discusses the harm in detail according to the comparison of acid gases between different. the research provides selection of fire-extinguishing agents in terms of harms.
- The Centenier finished his coffee, while Holmes selected and filled his briar pipe.
- But in accordance with the idea that malaria is a product of paludal decomposition, the trees selected have almost always been the _eucalyptus_. Scientific American Supplement, No. 458, October 11, 1884