- shaking and vibration at the surface of the earth resulting from underground movement along a fault plane or from volcanic activity
How To Use seism In A Sentence
- However, the Seismosaurus fossil found with the most gastroliths held only 15 kg of stones, the largest no bigger than a grapefruit.
- The presidential election will be conducted against a backdrop of seismic political and economic turmoil. Times, Sunday Times
- It was more than a break from what came before; it was a seismic rupture.
- The fears are all thanks to a purported prediction of a major Roman quake Wednesday attributed to self-taught seismologist Raffaele Bendandi, who died in 1979. Quakes hit Italy, but none in Rome despite myth
- The measure of core column is adopted to superhigh column, in order to making up the ductility of aseismic performance.
- France and the U.S. have cooperated in space programs that have resulted in significant advancements in the understanding of such phenomena as El Niño, climate change, and seismology.
- In the method, the mean velocity of certain exploration depth can be calculated making use of the difference of phase from consecutive seismic channels.
- To achieve this goal we map the spatial distribution of volcanic seismic facies units.
- At present, the vertical incidence of seismic wave is considered in the seismic response analysis of arch dam.
- No coseismic offset in the position of the glacier surface is observed; instead, modest tsunamis associated with the glacial earthquakes implicate glacier calving in the seismogenic process. RealClimate