- a wave on the surface of a lake or landlocked bay; caused by atmospheric or seismic disturbances
How To Use seiche In A Sentence
- The horizontal currents over the reef were found to be primarily due to the hydraulic flow and surface gravitational seiches.
- The second uncommon event produced by the earthquake was the giant wave, known to geologists as a seiche, that formed when Hebgen Lake tipped and water began to slosh from one lake shore to the other and back again.
- Another rare event that may result from a tsunami is a standing wave or seiche.
- A particular feature of Lake Champlain - an effect called a seiche - may help to produce just such sightings.
- As Goldberg recently wrote, reflexive toughness too often displaces seichel, the Yiddish word for wisdom, among Israel's leaders. TIME.com: Top Stories
- Another type of water wave, a seiche, is generated in an enclosed body of water such as a lake.
- A subsequent troop of smaller waves, called seiches, would then finish the job, rinsing away casinos and the waterfront escapes of Internet millionaires.
- Trois gouttes de ce laict dessus la seiche cendre, 50 Aux cendres de Claude Colet
- I am confident on Q3. We see a strong Q4, " Florian Seiche, head of HTC's business in Europe, Middle East and Africa, told Reuters at the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin.
- However, sloshing waves called seiches can arise within the harbor and cause water levels to vary as much as 1.8 meters in as little as 45 minutes.