- an independent federal agency that oversees the exchange of securities to protect investors
How To Use Securities and Exchange Commission In A Sentence
- In the past the Securities and Exchange Commission has come down hard on trading systems that exclusively benefit institutions.
- There is also the Securities and Exchange Commission, under the Clinton administration, that gave the board of directors of Enron one waiver after another waiver after another waiver to do their kind of schematic financing that ultimately brought them down. CNN Transcript Mar 3, 2002
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) of the speculative prevention rule called the downtick-uptick rule (which prohibited short-selling when stock prices were falling), in July 2006. The U.S. Economy and Bad Government Policies
- He cited the example of a financial planner who gathers information from several sources, like Securities and Exchange Commission filings, public documents and the Dun & Bradstreet business database.
- On April 23rd, Republican senator Sam Brownback introduced the Congo Conflict Minerals Act of 2009, cosponsored by senators Russ Feingold and Dick Durbin, which would require American companies mining coltan, cassiterite, and wolframite to report annually to the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC), the agency that regulates American financial markets, to disclose the country of origin of the minerals to the Securities and Exchange Commission. Global Voices in English » New bill to increase oversight of American mining companies in DRC
- He proposes that the US Securities and Exchange Commission require that all markets incorporate a "circuit-breaker" which would suspend trading on signs of an algorithm-driven crash.
- Congress on Oct. 1 approved legislation giving the Securities and Exchange Commission extensive new powers to regulate markets and combat fraud.
- Investors lost about $200 billion as the Internet bubble collapsed, executives at AOL Time Warner engaged in internecine warfare, and the Justice Department and Securities and Exchange Commission challenged the company’s accounting practices. AOL and Time Warner to officially split
- The Securities and Exchange Commission lists seven registered stock exchanges.
- Stock market money managers are regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission ( SEC ).