- any of various organs that synthesize substances needed by the body and release it through ducts or directly into the bloodstream
How To Use secretor In A Sentence
- She served the Ambassador as a secretory.
- Secretory diarrhoea is a common disorder in developing countries, where pathogens that produce enterotoxin such as enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli are endemic.
- Bonifacino JS, Weissman AM (1998) Ubiquitin and the control of protein fate in the secretory and endocytic pathways. PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles
- In plants, particularly due to the size of the vacuole, the secretory organelles account for the majority of the cell volume.
- The processing of proinsulin to insulin within the secretory granules of the Golgi complex is dependent on critical levels of pH as well as ATP.
- It is given by injection and stimulates serum IgM, IgG, and IgA, but not secretory IgA, immunity being induced by antibody transuding into the oropharynx.
- The type II secretory system features a small “piston” made up of helically arranged proteins. The Politically Incorrect Guide to Darwinism and Intelligent Design Review: IC is not nice (Chapter 10) - The Panda's Thumb
- Most biologically active peptide hormones and neuropeptides are produced from larger inactive precursor proteins by endoproteolytic cleavage and further processing within the secretory pathway.
- Chloride (Cl −) and hydrogen (H+) ions are secreted separately in the stomach fundus region at the top of the stomach by parietal cells of the gastric mucosa into a secretory network called canaliculi before it enters the stomach lumen. [ Original Signal - Transmitting Digg
- This led him to an early awareness of the dynamic nature of the interrelationship between glial cells in the supraoptic nucleus and the neurones, and between the glial cells (pituicytes) in the posterior pituitary and the neurosecretory nerve endings there; two classic papers published with Charles Tweedle in in 1976 and 1977, showed clearly using electron microscopy that the anatomical relationships of these elements was not fixed but dynamically regulated in different physiological states Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium - Recent changes [en]