[ US /ˈsikɹətɪvnəs/ ]
- the trait of keeping things secret
- characterized by a lack of openness (especially about one's actions or purposes)
How To Use secretiveness In A Sentence
- Apart from anything else, this secretiveness adds up to the cardinal sin of security by obscurity.
- Their secretiveness is the result of the fear that if they give, it may chance that they may want. The Life of Gordon, Volume I
- So when it came to naming the shop, the pair decided to turn its secretiveness into an asset.
- His secretiveness is a start, but perhaps they could turn his good intentions in on him (kind of like what they did with Batman in The Dark Knight), choosing between two goods. Christopher Nolan On Board to Direct DARK KNIGHT Sequel and “Godfather” the SUPERMAN Franchise – Collider.com
- I think there's too much secretiveness and arrogance of power.
- As the child grew more accustomed to Miss Asphyxia, while her hatred of her increased, somewhat of that native hardihood which had characterized her happier days returned; and she began to use all the subtlety and secretiveness which belonged to her feminine nature in contriving how not to do the will of her tyrant, and yet not to seem designedly to oppose. Oldtown Folks
- But I'm starting to get worried because of your secretiveness.
- _Simple_ reflex action, or instinct, answers to the animal faculties, such as acquisitiveness, secretiveness, selfishness, reproductiveness, etc., and accomplishes two important purposes; self-preservation and the reproduction of the specie. The People's Common Sense Medical Adviser in Plain English or, Medicine Simplified, 54th ed., One Million, Six Hundred and Fifty Thousand
- This covers up also a good deal of business acumen, shrewdness, and secretiveness which is not so childlike and bland. The Project Gutenberg Complete Works of Gilbert Parker
- But secretiveness is really all this project has going for it (unlike yours truly, who, besides rock hard abs and the brainyism of an astrophysician, is cuddly like a kitty cat – call me ladies/androgynous young boys). CLOVERFIELD: THE SECRET IS OUT!