the position of the head of the Education Department
the post of Education Secretary was created in 1979
the person who holds the secretaryship of the Department of Education
Carter appointed Shirley Hufstedler as the first Secretary of Education
How To Use Secretary of Education In A Sentence
- Otto Glöckel, president of the Vienna School Council in interwar years and undersecretary of education in the coalition government of 1919, was the leading figure of the educational reform movement. Trafficking Materials and Gendered Experimental Practices: Radium Research in Early 20th Century Vienna
- Arne Duncan, President Obama's secretary of education, consults with Schleicher and uses his work to compel change at the federal and state levels.
- The president and U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan have made clear that they view the economic-stimulus law, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act-with some $115 billion in aid for precollegiate and higher education-as a means to launch education plans from improvements in standards and data-collection systems to performance pay. Education Week American Education News Site of Record
- I have not taught enough to be any kind of administer in education and for the record, have absolutely no interest in ever becoming administer, but I have taught more than the current Secretary of Education. Acorns and oak trees and Arne Duncan
- Some members of Congress are demanding Obama drop his appointee for assistant deputy secretary of education, Kevin Jennings, because he is an activist for gay rights.
- On December 21, I named Hazel OLeary, an African-American utility executive from Northern States Power Company in Minnesota, to be secretary of energy, and Dick Riley, to be secretary of education.
- Ron Paige, the secretary of education, as you point out, itemized some of the accomplishments of this administration, and they're actually rather substantial.
- He is the self-proclaimed outsider who knows Washington; the former secretary of education who proposes to abolish the department.
- Carter appointed Shirley Hufstedler as the first Secretary of Education
- If you ask the president how he's changed, he'd probably "do one of those man noises - kind of sputter - and shrug his shoulders," said Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings, his former top domestic policy adviser and an old friend from Texas. News for Lynchburg News Advance