- the expected value of the square of the deviations of a random variable from the point of origin
How To Use second moment In A Sentence
- In the absence of dominance, the expectation of the variance is a second moment in gene frequencies, and the variance of the variance a tractable fourth moment.
- There is a kurtosis measure, a fourth moment as standard deviation is a second moment, for this variation. A Dark, Misleading Force
- It follows from substitution and rearrangement that the expected value of the second moment of y about x is [(1 / k) + F ST].
- A second moment they devoted to the wreckage of the same on deck -- the mizzen-topmast, thrust through the spanker and supported vertically by the stout canvas, thrashing back and forth with each thrash of the sail, the main - topmast squarely across the ruined companionway to the steerage. CHAPTER XV
- And the second moment gives way to a third, and so on, thus yielding the natural numbers.
- Just below the surface of the sand, values of the second moment of area either levelled off or increased slightly.
- The second moment of our antinomy introduces the notion of a concept.
- Now he turns a canvas into a snapshot that captures a split-second moment in time. Times, Sunday Times