- a commissioned officer in the Army or Air Force or Marine Corps holding the lowest rank
How To Use second lieutenant In A Sentence
- The graduates officially became second lieutenants and ensigns.
- After serving as a second lieutenant at various camps around the country, he was sent to India but peace was declared as he arrived. Times, Sunday Times
- While in our country, the junior ranks are divided into second Lieutenant, Lieutenant and Captain.
- I did what I did because I was a dumb second lieutenant with a bunch of grunts, and we didn't know any better.
- He was commissioned a second lieutenant upon graduation in 1972 from the U.S. Military Academy.
- I was surprised by what life offered an awkward teenager such as myself: the opportunity to serve as a second lieutenant in the Battle of the Bulge at the tender age of 19.
- Blinking away the muzzy feeling she left in his head, he directed his attention to his smirking Second Lieutenant.
- He was commissioned a second lieutenant through the Officer Candidate School program in 1969.
- He was wearing the uniform of a second lieutenant in a cavalry regiment. Times, Sunday Times
- Having finished his apprenticeship as a carpenter and joiner, Don went to officer cadet school at Portsea, becoming a second lieutenant.