- not the highest quality in a classification
- not the highest rank in a classification
- a class of accommodations on a ship or train or plane that are less expensive than first class accommodations
by second class conveyance
we traveled second class
How To Use second class In A Sentence
- A second class train fare is about €100. Times, Sunday Times
- Gunner’s mate second class Jim Herring had been standing in the spotter’s hatch of Gun 55, the aftmost 5-inch gun, when he saw “the skipper” pull open the deck hatch to the aft steering room and start “bellowing orders.” Sea of Thunder
- ‘The NRA should understand that we are not second class citizens and will not stand for this offhand treatment,’ he concluded.
- I like the whole, “a clone is a second class citizen”, theme they tested sometimes. Show #16: Pre-show Discussion : The Kick-Ass Mystic Ninjas
- At about the same time, a second class of “tranquilizers”—the rauwolfia alkaloids or reserpine, which was marketed as Serpasil by Ciba Pharmaceutical entered practice, and they were followed by the development of such antidepressants as iproniazid and imipramine. The Mad Among Us
- We left feeling like second class diners and took our future custom elsewhere.
- Wherever you go there is no hiding place in John Major's second class society.
- From this we note that the Guardian too does not regard support for sharia law – which involves of necessity subordinating English law and liberty to principles such as condign punishment for gays and adulterers, second class status and misery for women and the death sentence for apostates (including those to the Guardian’s favourite religion, atheism) -- as extreme. On Thursday, the Legg report will be published along with...
- During our second class, we reviewed the images and information from the previous class and the students finished building their armatures.
- In the second class, the jurisdiction depends entirely on the character of the parties.