- an inland sea in northwestern Turkey; linked to the Black Sea by the Bosporus and linked to the Aegean by the Dardanelles
How To Use Sea of Marmara In A Sentence
- This is the railway that comes up from Arabia to the Sea of Marmara opposite Istanbul.
- Queen Elizabeth might do it, but how likely was it that the Admiralty would permit the prize superdreadnought to be exposed to the dangers involved in entering the Sea of Marmara? Castles of Steel
- The largest city of Turkey, in the northwest part of the country on both sides of the Bosporus at its entrance into the Sea of Marmara.
- Istanbul straddles the Bosphorus strait, the stretch of water which creates a natural north-south divide in the city and joins the Sea of Marmara to the Black Sea.
- The Turkish Straits connect the Black and Aegean Seas and comprise the Bosphorus, the Sea of Marmara and the Dardanelles.