How To Use Sea of Japan In A Sentence
- During a typhoon in the Sea of Japan, the ship is torn of her canvas and the masts come aglow with the corposants, St Elmo's Fire, a source of deep superstition to sailors, who believed them to be a portentious omen, ‘God's burning finger… laid upon the ship’.
- By 1 February, U.S. naval intelligence was tracking a Kildin guided-missile destroyer, a Kotlin destroyer, a Riga destroyer escort, and four auxiliaries in the Sea of Japan.
- Shimonoseki Strait between Kyushu and Honshu was the only outlet from the Inland Sea to the Sea of Japan. Whirlwind
- The tiny uninhabited island is in the Sea of Japan halfway between the Korean Peninsula and Japan.
- My reliance on interpreters dates to January 1997, when I began editing an English-language biweekly in Vladivostok, a Russian port on the Sea of Japan.
- He has said the three of them were rescued by North Korean fishermen when their fishing boat was wrecked in a storm in the Sea of Japan in May 1963.
- And indeed, the latest we have is that another earthquake has happened west of Niigata, which is on the Sea of Japan. CNN Transcript Jul 16, 2007
- That could entail the deployment of ships carrying the interceptor missiles in the Sea of Japan.
- Japanese media report says North Korea has fired a range missile toward the Sea of Japan.