- any of several large eared seals of the northern Pacific related to fur seals but lacking their valuable coat
How To Use sea lion In A Sentence
- Killer whales - known as the wolves of the sea - are top Arctic predators, eating prey that includes fatty animals like walruses, seals, sea lions, and even other whales.
- Swimming with seals or sea lions is undoubtedly the most fun you can have with a wild animal. Times, Sunday Times
- Take in views of the Carmel Valley Hills and enjoy the spectacular scenery of the Monterey pine forests, rocky coastline and vistas of crashing surf, as a chorus of sea lions barks on the rocks.
- All the man saw was a bright azure sky, bright white clouds moving about like sea lions chasing one another, and a bright shining sun that warmed his face.
- Whales, dolphins, porpoises, seals and sea lions receive protection in the U.S. under the Marine Mammal Protection Act of 1972.
- Strap on a mask and snorkel, and you can swim with sea lions, so curious and friendly that they will brush past your face.
- The talk was by Abby Drake, then a grad student, and reported on a huge digital morphometric comparison of the skulls of dogs and many representatives from the order Carnivora dogs, cats, bears, sea lions, etc. "Intraspecific macroevolution" within domestic dog breeds - The Panda's Thumb
- Most common are bears, orcas, sea lions, seals, otters, eagles, terns and cormorants.
- The sea lion seems to enjoy showing off.
- Sea lions, harbor seals, sea otters, porpoise and whales are common around the islands.