[ US /ˈskəm/ ]
[ UK /skˈʌm/ ]
[ UK /skˈʌm/ ]
- a film of impurities or vegetation that can form on the surface of a liquid
- worthless people
- remove the scum from
How To Use scum In A Sentence
- But the calcium scale produced when conditioned water is heated will still produce scum with soap, and will not dissolve existing scale.
- The Sea is heaven's own blue like a diamond more lovely in a king's diadem than in the mines of the Indes but as it gushes up through the broken ice-like salt, it is black, full of asphalte scum - and in the hand slimy, and smarting as a sting.
- There is scumbling with charcoal at the bottom and at the top, some of it painted over with white.
- Scum was a print zine until issue 14 but at the same time was also on the internet.
- However, if someone linked to that something, even if that someone were a scum-sucking troglodyte from the slime-pits of Hell (or the Hollywood Hills, whichever), I couldn’t do jack-all squat. In My Opinion, Bill O’Reilly is a Cowardly Manchild Who Has Impure Thoughts About Mideastern Food. In My Opinion.
- If there are scumbags thieving from the public coffers and we expose them and punish them, then the rule of law is upheld and we are all better off. Dallas Blog, Daily News, Dallas Politics, Opinion, and Commentary FrontBurner Blog D Magazine » Blog Archive » Scandal in Black & White
- Right into the hands of what I refer to as the potpourri of global scum, Braun told Breaking News: CBS News
- Not to mention that one reason the Tamil situation doesn’t arise much here is that the US has no dog whatever in that fight – no AIPAC pushing for US policy in that arena, no billionaires from the region paying Democrats and Republicans campaign money to push US support for the related countries, no scumbags like SLC arguing for “Hama Rules” on the Tamil Tigers. Matthew Yglesias » Do Critics of Israeli Policy Whine Too Much?
- Why should the law abiding working person pay for these scum to be locked up in cosy cells with all the amenities that they can’t afford for themselves, if you are sending people to prison it should be hell on earth for them. Another Form Of Relief « POLICE INSPECTOR BLOG
- She's going to send us back, perhaps, to the Archeozoic Era when she was quite a lot hotter and loaded with carbon and we were just pond scum on the surface of the water. Signs of the Times