[ UK /skˈʌlptʃəd/ ]
[ US /ˈskəɫptʃɝd/ ]
[ US /ˈskəɫptʃɝd/ ]
rendered with...vivid sculptural effect
her finely modeled features
the sculpturesque beauty of the athletes' bodies
cut into a desired shape
How To Use sculptured In A Sentence
- The mountain theme is incorporated throughout the facility - from its curved parapets and sculptured stone fountain to the grassy park with tree-covered walking trails.
- This sculptured limestone panel in the centre of a three-part canopied reredos was comparable in size to the Sandford reredos.
- The arch and gateway with the oriel are the oldest parts of the front, and on each side of the arch is a sculptured head, one representing Edward III and the other his queen, Philippa of Hainault. Vanishing England
- They were more like the aged and smoother forms of the Laurentian Mountains, whose shape was sculptured and rounded by the elements since their beginnings.
- Around this grand square with its central lake were arranged as follows: on the north side a superb colonnade of sculptured columns, forming the façade of the Temple of Mnevis, the sacred ox of On, at the gate or propyla of which crouched two sphinxes, with majestic human heads. The pillar of fire, or, Israel in bondage
- The deliberately sculptured profiles of the Tower proved extremely difficult to build because of the complexity of the necessary framework.
- And as the Roman Consuls held this to be the principal praise of their glory, they had this title curiously sculptured in marble on the Quirinal and in the forum of Trajan --- "Most powerful gift in a Prince is liberality . History of the Incas
- sculptured representations
- These are smooth, with a slight silvery sheen on the grooved upper surface, sculptured with raised veins on the convex lower surface, and with a few crenations on the margins.
- When I looked back, I saw he was standing there staring down at the doll, his face as hard and as still as a sculptured one. WEB OF DREAMS