[ UK /skɹˈaɪb/ ]
[ US /ˈskɹaɪb/ ]
[ US /ˈskɹaɪb/ ]
- someone employed to make written copies of documents and manuscripts
- informal terms for journalists
- a sharp-pointed awl for marking wood or metal to be cut
- score a line on with a pointed instrument, as in metalworking
How To Use scribe In A Sentence
- He described the sequence of events leading up to the robbery.
- Three tall memorial archways inscribed with Chinese characters stand outside the temple.
- Metformin and sulfonylurea drugs -- the latter a class of diabetes drugs including glyburide, glipizide, chlorpropamide, tolbutamide and tolazamide -- are often among the first medications prescribed to lower blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes. Drug linked to increased risk for older diabetics
- She described him as 'maddening, but lovely' and the untidiest and clumsiest person she had met. Times, Sunday Times
- I'd say name it except for your second point, that named Wealden brachiosaurids are plentiful and once better material is described, some would near certainly be synonymized. ‘Angloposeidon’, the unreported story, part IV
- They describe some gaps in the literature and provide some suggestions for future research.
- Meanwhile, Mr. Christie is taking the same tact in what he described as a "passionate" relationship with Mr. Sweeney, who has the power to single-handedly block bills. Christie, Sweeney in Standoff Over Funds
- In other cultures he might be described as effeminate and, therefore, be an object of derision. The Kaisho
- Most intriguingly, among the described symptoms of fugu poisoning is progressive limb paralysis while maintaining consciousness.
- He still describes himself as a communist, and still calls for a revolution.