[ UK /skɹˈaɪb/ ]
[ US /ˈskɹaɪb/ ]
[ US /ˈskɹaɪb/ ]
- someone employed to make written copies of documents and manuscripts
- informal terms for journalists
- a sharp-pointed awl for marking wood or metal to be cut
- score a line on with a pointed instrument, as in metalworking
How To Use scribe In A Sentence
- He described the sequence of events leading up to the robbery.
- Three tall memorial archways inscribed with Chinese characters stand outside the temple.
- Siva's devotees are forbidden to use drugs of abuse, such as cocaine, heroin, amphetamines, barbiturates, psychedelics and marijuana, unless prescribed by a licensed physician.
- On the fives court, his nervous housemaster could relax, “rushing about,” as Roald described it, “shrieking what a little fool he is, and calling himself all sorts of names when he misses the ball.” Storyteller
- Close beside me stood my excellent friend Griffiths, the jolly hosteler, of whom I take the present opportunity of saying a few words, though I dare say he has been frequently described before, and by far better pens. The Bible in Spain
- But Sexton found Nicks for an easy 31-yard score on fourth down with 4: 11 left to seal it, and Nicks set the receiving record with a 22-yard catch a little later from T.J. Yates, making his first appearance in relief from a broken ankle suffered in September against Virginia Tech. Newspaper Home Delivery - Subscribe Today USATODAY.com
- Metformin and sulfonylurea drugs -- the latter a class of diabetes drugs including glyburide, glipizide, chlorpropamide, tolbutamide and tolazamide -- are often among the first medications prescribed to lower blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes. Drug linked to increased risk for older diabetics
- She described him as 'maddening, but lovely' and the untidiest and clumsiest person she had met. Times, Sunday Times
- I'd say name it except for your second point, that named Wealden brachiosaurids are plentiful and once better material is described, some would near certainly be synonymized. ‘Angloposeidon’, the unreported story, part IV
- They describe some gaps in the literature and provide some suggestions for future research.