[ UK /skɹˈiːn/ ]
[ US /ˈskɹin/ ]
[ US /ˈskɹin/ ]
- the display that is electronically created on the surface of the large end of a cathode-ray tube
- a strainer for separating lumps from powdered material or grading particles
- a white or silvered surface where pictures can be projected for viewing
the personnel of the film industry
a star of stage and screen
- partition consisting of a decorative frame or panel that serves to divide a space
a covering that serves to conceal or shelter something
a screen of trees afforded privacy
under cover of darkness
the simplest concealment is to match perfectly the color of the background
the brush provided a covert for game
a protective covering consisting of netting; can be mounted in a frame
they put screens in the windows for protection against insects
a metal screen protected the observers
a protective covering that keeps things out or hinders sight
they had just moved in and had not put up blinds yet
test or examine for the presence of disease or infection
screen the blood for the HIV virus
prevent from entering
block out the strong sunlight
examine in order to test suitability
screen these samples
screen the job applicants
project onto a screen for viewing
screen a film
screen the suitcases
- separate with a riddle, as grain from chaff
- protect, hide, or conceal from danger or harm
How To Use screen In A Sentence
- The magnificent 18 th-century mansion is set in private landscaped grounds at the edge of the town, opposite the golf links and West Sands but totally screened by trees, woods and 18-foot high lodge gates.
- Hesher (Director: Spencer Susser; Screenwriters: Spencer Susser and David Michod; Story by Brian Charles Frank) — A mysterious, anarchical trickster descends on the lives of a family struggling to deal with a painful loss. Sundance 2010 Competition Lineup Arrives, And Here Are Some Highlights » MTV Movies Blog
- Remember that you can place a pre-order for the screen now at our online store.
- I have also used * toothpaste* to clean the screen; if you work at it, the toothpaste abrasives will get rid of hairline scratches on the screen surface. CIS Threads #1: Interesting Threads from the TRS Model 100 Forum Messages by Phil Wheeler
- The interior of the suction device is sleeved with a nozzle unit device which can inject backwash water to a suction port and the low pressure area of the filter screen part.
- This is the only country in Europe to deny cancer screening to its citizens.
- Green styles this sequence like the opening credits of a 1970s cop show, freeze-framing on Chris as he leaps over a fence and zooming the titles across the screen.
- Of course people have noticed before that Matisse posed his models in flimsy, filmy harem pants on divans and cushions covered with flowered or striped stuffs against fabric screens and curtains.
- They propose genetic screening for newborns to potentially benefit both the child and the rest of the family.
- Early screenings suggested as much, or suggested trouble at least, as preview audiences found the film too dark and violent, all in all too un-Leo.