[ US /ˈskutɝ/ ]
[ UK /skˈuːtɐ/ ]
[ UK /skˈuːtɐ/ ]
- child's two-wheeled vehicle operated by foot
- a sailing vessel with runners and a cross-shaped frame; suitable for traveling over ice
- a wheeled vehicle with small wheels and a low-powered gasoline engine geared to the rear wheel
- large black diving duck of northern parts of the northern hemisphere
- a motorboat resembling a motor scooter
How To Use scooter In A Sentence
- The scooter was a propeller-driven device that could pull a diver at about five knots and had a battery life of about three hours.
- Side streets, because there are no houses on them are a uniform 50MPH posted (60MPH actual), so even an electric scooter is out and a Vespa is pushing the limit. Balloon Juice » Blog Archive » 1.4 Billion
- This appears to have led to his death after he lost control of a scooter on a bridleway above the Wharfe's steep banks near his home. Jimi Heselden obituary
- Whether you ride a moped or a Honda, a scooter or a vintage Hog, the organisers of the annual North Coast Children's Motorcycle Toy Run want you to join the ranks raising money for charity this weekend.
- My scooter is still very much a material object: it eats petrol, needs its tires filled and refuses to start on cold mornings.
- The riders, known as scramblers, are illegally riding their motorbikes, quad bikes and scooters across Crane Park and are tearing up the ground in the process.
- The council is understood to be concerned that fingers could become trapped when the scooter is folded or unfolded.
- The Vespa scooter became emblematic of sophisticated urban culture across Europe.
- NEAR SPOKANE -- One person is dead after a scooter crashed into a car just north of Spokane late Friday night. NWCN - Top Stories
- So back at Death Valley Junction we stop at the white adobe Amargosa Opera House, where the founding danseuse, now 86, is still putting on the show, though from a wheel chair/scooter. Richard Bangs: Death Valley Daze, Part II