[ UK /skˈuːt/ ]
[ US /ˈskut/ ]
[ US /ˈskut/ ]
run or move very quickly or hastily
She dashed into the yard
How To Use scoot In A Sentence
- He opens the door for me, and I slide in, scooting over to save him a trip.
- Side streets, because there are no houses on them are a uniform 50MPH posted (60MPH actual), so even an electric scooter is out and a Vespa is pushing the limit. Balloon Juice » Blog Archive » 1.4 Billion
- This appears to have led to his death after he lost control of a scooter on a bridleway above the Wharfe's steep banks near his home. Jimi Heselden obituary
- Whether you ride a moped or a Honda, a scooter or a vintage Hog, the organisers of the annual North Coast Children's Motorcycle Toy Run want you to join the ranks raising money for charity this weekend.
- So it's the smaller things that can be hidden in homes, set up and what they call a shoot and scoot, those type of things. CNN Transcript Jul 21, 2006
- My scooter is still very much a material object: it eats petrol, needs its tires filled and refuses to start on cold mornings.
- The riders, known as scramblers, are illegally riding their motorbikes, quad bikes and scooters across Crane Park and are tearing up the ground in the process.
- The little kids did not like what we said and had their compasses and dividers out, ready to give us a poke so we scooted out.
- The council is understood to be concerned that fingers could become trapped when the scooter is folded or unfolded.
- The Vespa scooter became emblematic of sophisticated urban culture across Europe.