[ US /skɫɝˈoʊsəs/ ]
[ UK /skləɹˈəʊsɪs/ ]
[ UK /skləɹˈəʊsɪs/ ]
- any pathological hardening or thickening of tissue
How To Use sclerosis In A Sentence
- Like arthritis, multiple sclerosis and diabetes, lupus is a disease of the immune system gone awry.
- She said that while multiple sclerosis was not hereditary or genetic there was a greater chance of developing it if a parent was a sufferer.
- Most aortic aneurysms occur in the abdominal aorta, the main cause being arteriosclerosis.
- In other words, this is a story not about institutional sclerosis, but about the necessarily contingent process of institutional change.
- Another possible cause of impaired lung function could be increased sclerosis of bronchial arteries as a consequence of generalized arteriosclerosis in diabetes.
- Results: The main causes of encephalic infarction in the youngster were hypertensive cerebral arteriosclerosis, cranium trauma, cerebral arteritis and drinking.
- Tuberous sclerosis, untreated phenylketonuria and fragile X syndrome are genetic syndromes associated with autism.
- Even after adjusting for these factors, Costa and Kahn found that veterans from companies lacking in cohesion were six times more likely than peers from cohesive companies to suffer from arteriolosclerosis or to have heart attacks or strokes by their late 50s or early 60s. Environmental and Urban Economics
- The young woman had acquired (right after receiving her fourth -- mandatory -- anthrax shot) a shockingly precipitous mystery disease, eventually diagnosed as a bizarrely speeded-up form of ametropic lateral sclerosis -- she lost in three months the amount of muscle function a middle aged ALS sufferer would lose in four years. Sheila Weller: In This Case, A Soldier Was Treated Beautifully at Walter Reed
- These proteins include recombinant forms of human coagulation factors VIIa and IX, which are being developed for the treatment of patients with hemophilia, and recombinant alpha-fetoprotein, which is being developed for the treatment of Myasthenia Gravis and Multiple Sclerosis. BioSpace.com Featured News and Stories