[ US /ˌskɫɪɹəˈdɝmə/ ]
- genus of poisonous fungi having hard-skinned fruiting bodies: false truffles
How To Use Scleroderma In A Sentence
- Rheumatic diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, dermatomyositis, and scleroderma are thought to be autoimmune diseases.
- The cause of scleroderma is unknown.
- Each of these patients had diseases known to predispose to heterotopic calcification including scleroderma, acromegaly, and diabetes mellitus.
- Diffuse symmetric scleroderma, or hide-bound disease, is quite rare, and presents itself in two phases: that of infiltration (more properly called hypertrophy) and atrophy, caused by shrinkage. Anomalies and Curiosities of Medicine
- She believes her 14-year-old daughter's scleroderma, a systemic sclerosis, is linked to silicone crossing the placental barrier.
- Avoid face-lifts if you have lupus or scleroderma - autoimmune diseases - which affect your face.
- Other diseases related to RA that may cause pulmonary fibrosis are systemic lupus erythematosus, polymyositis and dermatomyositis, Sjogren's syndrome, scleroderma and others.
- There, the bleeding was finally stopped; but the doctors discovered that she had developed a skin disease called scleroderma. Wild Swans
- The Cause of Scleroderma remains largely unknown.
- Although regarded by many as a disease distinct from scleroderma, morphea is best described as a circumscribed scleroderma, and presents itself in two clinical aspects: patches and bands, the patches being the more common. Anomalies and Curiosities of Medicine