How To Use scissor-tailed In A Sentence
- That should make the scissor-tailed flycatchers happy.
- Response: This is an adult scissor-tailed flycatcher, Tyrannus forficatus, a member of the genus Tyrannus, so named for their pugnacious nature when defending their territories against marauding crows and other, even larger, predators. Mystery bird: scissor-tailed flycatcher, Tyrannus forficatus
- As I stood there on my sister's porch, the first scissor-tailed flycatcher of the spring flew over.
- scissor-tailed birds
- In those days scissor-tailed flycatchers were still uncommon in our part of the world, and seemed nearly as exotic to us as toucans.
- Just yesterday I sat under a tiny tree surrounded by concrete in the parking lot and watched a scissor-tailed flycatcher work on her nest.
- For my class project I chose to map the foraging patterns of a nesting Scissor-Tailed Flycatcher.
- Scissor-tailed flycatcher, Tyrannus forficatus fomerly, Milvulus forficatus; protonym, Muscivora forficata, also known as the Texas bird-of-paradise and the swallow-tailed flycatcher, photographed at Manhattan, Kansas. Mystery bird: scissor-tailed flycatcher, Tyrannus forficatus