a theory that explains scientific observations
scientific theories must be falsifiable
How To Use scientific theory In A Sentence
- In an exclusive interview on "This Week," Huntsman said "there's a serious problem" with comments made by Perry in New Hampshire last week calling man-made global warming "a scientific theory that has not been proven and from my perspective is more and more being put into question" while claiming scientists have "manipulated data" on the issue. ABC News: Top Stories
- Those are both non-scientific inferences drawn from the scientific theory.
- Memetics is a scientific theory unifying biology, psychology, and cognitive science.
- Plate tectonics is the scientific theory that describes the movement of Earth's upper mantle and crust, known as the lithosphere. The Royal Society of London announces the 2011 Copley Medal winner
- The current em - phasis on the varieties of phenomena need not then be hostile, as it tends to be, to scientific theory; it may rather be preparing us for a better theory to come. HAPPINESS AND PLEASURE
- A scientific theory of IR leads us to expect states to behave in certain predictable ways.
- Aside from the mathematical sloppiness of taking two independent variables to a limit at the same time, at unspecified rates, these sorts of "discontinuities" can be found in just about any scientific theory. Conservapedia - Recent changes [en]
- Scientific evaluation requires scientific theory as guideline and foundation.
- If one wants to use a god of the gaps argument, one can posit an intelligent cause as an alternative to any scientific theory.
- So what weight should a non-scientific theory receive in science?