[ UK /skˈɑːf/ ]
[ US /ˈskɑɹf/ ]
[ US /ˈskɑɹf/ ]
- a garment worn around the head or neck or shoulders for warmth or decoration
- a joint made by notching the ends of two pieces of timber or metal so that they will lock together end-to-end
- wrap in or adorn with a scarf
- masturbate while strangling oneself
- unite by a scarf joint
How To Use scarf In A Sentence
- I also have a goldenrod-colored scarf (you know, one of those pashmina-y things) that goes nicely with this, and about two weeks ago I was in "the city" (which seems to be what you call San Francisco, if you live near it) wearing this dress, that scarf, and an old denim Levi's jacket I swiped from my Dad in roughly 1987 (with bright pink leather gloves sticking out of the breast pocket) and a tourist actually STOPPED ME ON THE STREET and asked to take my picture. The Return (With Butterflies) - A Dress A Day
- This woman, dressed in a headscarf, long peasant dress and sweater, stands with her arms folded in front of her as if she is slightly cold or perhaps waiting for a tardy child.
- She waved her scarf at him bannerlike
- In this light, AKP prominent names are searching for a formula which will open the doors of universities to students wearing headscarf, while preventing robe, turban and black chuddar with the new constitution. Constitutional debate in Turkey
- I establish, since it is clinically relevant, that you have not, in fact, had the penectomy and vaginoplasty yet, and are merely scarfing down hormones and getting all your facial hair yanked out. M.D.O.D.
- In most Wigan mines, though, the standard headgear was a woven scarf or shawl, the standard footwear the clog.
- He told of a young woman from Burma who immigrated with her family and, upon entering college, identified with fellow Muslim students and began wearing a hijab (traditional headscarf).
- Some women wear a shayla, a black gauzy scarf wrapped around the head and held in place by a variety of hats, head circlets, or jewelry.
- Shrobing, begone: the influencers' latest styling trick is wearing your jumper as a scarf. Times, Sunday Times
- She came trooping down the driveway wearing a simple pair of clean jeans that weren't too fancy, a light blue sweat shirt and a colored scarf underneath her black track jacket.