- small homopterous insect that usually lives and feeds on plants and secretes a protective waxy covering
How To Use scale insect In A Sentence
- Especially under glass, this will help to keep pests such as scale insects and mealybug away. Times, Sunday Times
- From March to October, the two peaks of VB2 content were corresponded to the two feeding and quick development stages of the scale insect.
- Or, more properly, the stuff we call cochineal is a chemical extract of carminic acid from the bodies of squished female scale insects. Bug Girl's Blog
- The scale insect Paracerostegia kunmingensis Tang et Xie is an important pest which harms the deconative plants Pittosporum tobira(Thunb.
- One of the first field experiments to detect adaptive population structure was conducted with Nuculaspis californica, a highly sessile homopteran scale insect that displayed local adaptation to individual ponderosa pine trees.
- Mexican red scale insect that feeds on cacti; the source of a red dye.
- A It's caused by brown scale insects feeding on the underside of the leaves. The Sun
- Arctic species of mayflies, scale insects, midges, caddisflies and other groups are known to be parthenogenetic.
- The other family with extraordinary bacteriomes is Diaspididae, the armored scale insects.
- It was concluded that a higher VB2 content in the host plant in some degree was benefit to the scale insect occurring greatly in the polluted city environment.