[ UK /sˈɔːsɐ/ ]
[ US /ˈsɔsɝ/ ]
[ US /ˈsɔsɝ/ ]
something with a round shape resembling a flat circular plate
the moon's disk hung in a cloudless sky
- directional antenna consisting of a parabolic reflector for microwave or radio frequency radiation
- a disk used in throwing competitions
- a small shallow dish for holding a cup at the table
How To Use saucer In A Sentence
- The flying saucer retains what it can of its original structure and changes what it must.
- A famous art collector is walking through the city when he notices a mangy cat lapping milk from a saucer in the doorway of a store, and he does a double take.
- Soon the children were all armed with steaming cups and saucers.
- He adds, I really want to crash-land one of Mark Cline's flying saucers on the Taubman's roof. Roadside Kitsch Is Fun, but Is It Art? Virginia Museum Sure Hopes So
- Some are quite basic, mere saucer-like indentations, but others are exquisitely engineered with intricate pivots and fulcrums unravelling to form a protruding secure holder.
- Underneath the lamp is a great saucer to catch the oil which drips from it. The Eskimo Twins
- It meant participation in an expanding repertoire of domestic rituals made possible by creamware teacups and saucers, decanters, wine glasses, pickle plates, and forks of all sorts.
- Ye see we march on the tap o Touthop-rigg after we pass the Pomoragrains; for the Pomoragrains, and Slackenspool, and Bloodylaws, they come in there, and they belang to the Peel; but after ye pass Pomoragrains at a muckle great saucer-headed cutlugged stane, that they ca Charlies Chuckie, there Dawston Cleugh and Charlies-hope they march. Chapter XXXVI
- They comprise the full range of cups and saucers, milk jugs, covered sugar bowls or boxes, slop bowls, teapots and stands.
- With its wildly outsized fender flares, saucer-eyed round headlamps, squat fuselage, tapering roofline and curiously latent, not-quite-formed rear contours, the Juke looks like a Nissan Murano at the larval stage. Nissan's Jazzy Juke, Imperfect on Purpose