[ US /ˈsæs/ ]
[ UK /sˈæs/ ]
[ UK /sˈæs/ ]
an impudent or insolent rejoinder
don't give me any of your sass
answer back in an impudent or insolent manner
don't sass me!
The teacher punished the students who were sassing all morning
How To Use sass In A Sentence
- This camp and sassy pop track comes complete with bitter and twisted lyrics and a hint of europop. The Sun
- To buttress his stance that the Church sanctioned such assassinations, Petit drew on Thomas Aquinas and other theologians, but the defense rested on John of Salisbury's explicit theories about the legitimacy of tyrannicide.
- When in the following October the nobody met Katsu Kaishu, the enlightened commissioners of the shogun's navy, it might have been with intent to assassinate him.
- There were checkerberry-pipe and licorice-pipe and sassafras-pipe, and -- how Wort's eyes did glisten and his mouth water as he imagined the different kinds there! The Knights of the White Shield Up-the-Ladder Club Series, Round One Play
- Ma il coraggio di buttare il sasso nello stagno non è di tutti. Archive 2006-10-01
- In this agent-dominated world, brands will be quickly disassociated with visual trademarks, since people will rarely see them.
- There has been terrorism in the world, more or less nonstop, since twelfth-century Syria, when a persecuted Persian religious sect called the Assassins knifed people to death in crowds. The Fiddler in the Subway
- He must turn rogue and villain; for as the saying is, Necessitas cogit ad turpia, poverty alone makes men thieves, rebels, murderers, traitors, assassins, because of poverty we have sinned, Anatomy of Melancholy
- This continued until war broke out and when war broke out, General Hertzog, again with his strong feeling of South Africanism, said, "While we do not wish to be disassociated from the British Empire, while we are willing to remain with the British Empire on the same footing as heretofore, we do not see why we should declare war now, why we should not maintain neutrality and the status quo, even though Great Britain go into war. Racial Relations in the Union of South Africa
- As a monstrous assassin closes in and forces them to run, Jessa will have to find another way to discover if Matthias is her greatest ally — or her deadliest enemy. 2009 September « Items of Interest